The John C. Ensslin Memorial Scholarship
The John C. Ensslin Memorial Scholarship was created to support students who are committed and engaged in the field of journalism.
- Students who meet all of the following criteria are eligible to apply:
- Enrolled in one of the eligible schools: Colorado College, Colorado Mesa University, Colorado State University – Fort Collins, Colorado State University – Pueblo, Metropolitan State University of Denver, University of Colorado – Boulder, University of Colorado- Colorado Springs, University of Denver, University of Northern Colorado
- Maintain a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or higher
- Demonstrate engagement in their academic field of journalism
- Plan to use their major to work in the journalism industry after college graduation
Please note that by applying for this scholarship you will also be automatically considered for the Damon Runyon Scholarship as well.
Selection: Scholarships will be awarded once each year through a competitive process based primarily on the quality of your work submitted and your potential to engage and succeed in the field of journalism, however, other factors like your academic achievement and your essay response will also be considered.
Awards: A total of 9 awards will be made- 8 awards at $1,500 and 1 award for $3,000 for the upcoming academic year.
Scholarship awards will be paid directly to the recipient’s school and can be used toward tuition, fees, required books and supplies, room and board and other qualified educational expenses. Award disbursement is contingent upon the financial aid and scholarship acceptance policies of a recipient’s school.
Questions: Contact Charmaine Brown at email@example.com or 303.996.7328.